Friday, August 30, 2019

Campfires




There is something special about staring into a campfire surrounded by friends and family.  I can’t think of anything I like more on this planet. To me, this is heaven on Earth. 

Have you ever seriously thought about what heaven will be like? And I don’t mean that silly cloud stuff of cartoon world. I mean heaven located on this renewed, refreshed, pristine planet Earth, when heaven is as real as our backyard. We are told there will be a notable absence of dissension, stress, disease, pollution and death. I imagine heaven to be a lot of hanging around campfires in our lawn chairs, eating s'mores, our dogs and cats peacefully by our side, swapping stories with old friends, new friends and family. Then we will find a renewed understanding between us all.  

Think about all the people you will get to meet and their untold stories...the disciples, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of Jesus, Nicodemus, and Lazarus. They will tell us what it was really like to buddy with the Savior while being stalked by all forms of evil. According to John, precious little even made it to our Bible. I want to know all the details! John states at the end of his book in the bible: 
John 21:25 NIV
[25] Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.
Someday we will hear every story and understand all we seek to understand here and now. I believe it is good for us to stop and think about what heaven will be like. It brings peace to the soul.
1 Corinthians 13:12 NIV
[12] For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
I can only imagine.  

I Can Only Imagine


No comments:

Post a Comment